|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Patrick Welman (CDA)|
|• Total||21.95 km2 (8.47 sq mi)|
|• Land||21.55 km2 (8.32 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.40 km2 (0.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||48 m (157 ft)|
|• Density||1,471/km2 (3,810/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Oldenzaal (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɔldə(n)ˌzaːl] ⓘ; Tweants: Oldnzel) is a municipality and a city in the eastern province of Overijssel in the Netherlands. It is part of the region of Twente and is close to the German border.
As of December 2022 Oldenzaal has a population of 31,958 people.
In the Netherlands, Oldenzaal is well known for its carnival festivities. During the carnival season Oldenzaal is known as "Boeskool-stad" which is a local dialect of the word Cabbage-town. During the main carnival weekend over 100,000 people come for the big parade showing high and mighty carnival trucks.
The town is served by the Oldenzaal railway station.
- Balderic of Utrecht (897–975) Bishop of Utrecht, 918 to 975
- Henri Max Corwin (1903–1962) a Dutch businessman, philatelist and humanitarian; shielded Jewish victims of the Nazis in WWII
- Mieke Telkamp (1934–2016) a Dutch singer and TV personality
- Hedy de Graas (born 1988) artist name: 'Ame Bibabi', a Dutch rapper and an internet personality 
- Theo Pahlplatz (born 1947) a Dutch retired footballer; 468 caps with FC Twente
- Wilfried Brookhuis (born 1961) a retired football goalkeeper with 404 club caps
- Raimond van der Gouw (born 1963) a Dutch former football goalkeeper with 493 club caps
- Ellen van Langen (born 1966) a Dutch former middle-distance runner, gold medallist in the 800 m. at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Rudie Kemna (born 1967) a former Dutch racing cyclist
- Björn Kuipers (born 1973) a Dutch FIFA listed football referee
- Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (born 1978) a Dutch former footballer with 438 club caps
- Tim Breukers (born 1987) a Dutch professional footballer with over 250 club caps
- Wout Droste (born 1989) a Dutch professional footballer with over 250 club caps
- Nathalie Timmermans (born 1989) a Dutch softball player, competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Jules Reimerink (born 1989) a Dutch professional footballer with over 250 club caps
- Alexander Bannink (born 1990) a Dutch professional footballer with over 220 club caps
- Sanne Wevers (born 1991) a Dutch artistic gymnast, gold medallist at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Lieke Wevers (born 1991) a Dutch artistic gymnast, won four medals at the 2015 European Games
- Jill Roord (born 1997) a Dutch midfield footballer
- Erik ten Hag (born 1970) former footballer with 336 club caps and coach. Current head coach for Manchester United
The Basilica of St Plechelm
Marktplein (market square)
Ziekenhuis (hospital), Oldenzaal
- "Burgemeester Patrick Welman" [Mayor Patrick Welman] (in Dutch). Gemeente Oldenzaal. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 7571CD". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2022.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand". CBS StatLine. Statistics Netherlands. 31 August 2023. Retrieved 5 September 2023.
- IMDb Database retrieved 17 January 2020
- Agten, Elke (2021-10-06). "Single 'Chin up High' van Ame Bibabi (33) uit Oldenzaal lokt nogal wat reacties uit: 'Laat niet met me sollen'". Tubantia (in Dutch). Retrieved 2023-11-18.